Random snippets from the past 24 hours or so:
- Upon visiting my home town after almost 15 years I actually said “Huh. The trees look bigger…”
- We took our kids to the only Lego Discovery Center in the country yesterday and it was awesome.
- I shopped in the Uber Mall near where I grew up and left feeling that the Suburbs of Chicago have a long way to go before they “get it”. My god the wanton consumption!
- Carharts, beards, and practical shoes are not “In” (yet!) with Upper Middle Class Chicagoans.
- Apparently I bought over 4 dozen different cultivars of veggies and herbs over the winter …and they all came yesterday.
- My son (whose in 1st grade) momentarily halted the dinner conversation tonight with the random, but perfectly reasonable, question of “If Mammoths went extinct… how did they evolve into elephants?”
- I came home to a giant mound of UPS boxes in my driveway that I can only assume are my 310#’s of potatoes as Fedco reuses boxes
- I got my annual review today at my Real Job and feel guilty about my raise.
- I am excited to be giving two presentations to the 4th Grade tomorrow on Composting and Water conservation for Earth Day.
- I voted for Change at a local level today
- Thanks to the barrels I have sold in the past 2 weeks 40,000 gallons of rainwater will be saved annually for the next 10 years and all the above seeds and spuds are now paid for.
I have much to be thankful for, and too much going on to realize it on a daily basis.
We probably all do.
Be the Change.
Filed under: Counting our Blessings |